Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fearfully and WONDERFULLY made. My Beloved.

Let me just tell you, I freaking LOVE the word Beloved.

I long to be called Beloved. I was journaling about it a few weeks ago and said something along the lines of "Lord, when will I find someone to call me Beloved?"

He was straight up like "uh hello Mary, nice to meet you I'm RIGHT HERE".

I mean, it says it in the Bible doesn't it?

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." (John 4:1)

Yep, right there.

He calls us Beloved! As if He knew we would be reading this word one day, all of Christianity reading it as a Holy and personal account from the Lords mouth.

Isn't it crazy that the Bible was put together on the premise that one day millions of people would read and learn by it? SO CRAZY.

Ahh, I love being called Beloved.
Lets break it down.

Be-Loved

Be. Be you, Be the Lord. What is our calling in life?  Who knows. There is one calling we all must know is ours and act upon it. The call to be the Lords.

The Lord calls us all to His table. To believe in Him and to love Him.
We are called to love Him through our love to others. Our neighbors.

Be what the Lord is calling you to be, Loved.

Loved. So many different meanings from one simple word. I see it in two ways. Loved, to be a loving and thoughtful member of society so that when people think back to who you are they can say "Mary really Loved the world, the society, and everything God has created for her.". Loved. Loved is a past tense of the word Love, sometimes anyways. It is also an explanation.

She is Loved. She Loved.

She Loved is past tense
She is Loved is present tense.

Be-Loved; be loving.
Be-Loved: be loved.

Beloved: what the Lord calls us and what we are called to act as.

We are HIS Beloved.

We were fearfully and WONDERFULLY made.

He Loves us above all else.

Beloved.

1 comment:

  1. Do you ever shake with excitement and joy? I just finished writing this and seriously am shaking with the love bursting from within. Such love cannot be described in words. Its so crazy. Fearfully and wonderfully made. I feel like I want to cry (tears of joy).

    ReplyDelete