Saturday, December 24, 2011

Is it sometimes hard to focus in Mass?

An hour?!  What? I have to spend one whole hour every Sunday at some huge place that has random flowers on it and stuff? Uh.


I feel as though we all have though this at one time or another. Right? That was about the first 18 years of my life. I really wanted to enjoy Mass. I really wanted to dive deep. But how? I just couldn't wrap my mind around it. I was tired, bored, distracted, oh hey there's a cute boy over there let me send vibes so he turns around. It was one of those kinds of things. yah know?


Well, I recently purchased a beautiful leather journal from barnes and noble. (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/home-gift-brown-leather-antique-lace-embossed-lined-journal/22817764?ean=9781616807078)

Its actually kind of a sad side-note, the paper part disconnected from the binding. 

Anyways, I started journaling through the Mass. 
I write down the 1st reading, the verses, and a reflection or verse that really sticks out to you.  Then do the same thing for the 2nd reading. 
During the gospel I write down the verses and listen. Usually I journal through the homily just awesome things the priest is saying and stuff like that. Its pretty legit. 

Its making me dive deeper into Mass. I've legitimately felt more in love with the Lord over the past few months that I've been journaling. It opens my mind up and helps me focus on what I'm reading and listening too. 

So, if you have a problem focusing and hearing what the message of Mass truly is, I propose that you go out, get a beautiful journal, and pray through it during Mass. 

Its helping me become more in tune with the Word and with the Lord. 

Remember, they are one in the same. 

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment